We’re offering two exciting workshops especially for teachers in the Wayne and Joan Webber Education Wing this summer, for CEU credits or simply for personal enrichment. Each workshop is $120 for members, $150 for non-members and $75 for student teachers.
Imaginitive Classrooms (Tuesday – Thursday, July 6-8, 9-3:30) will be taught by Art Curriculum Specialist Lisa Blackburn. This workshop is for classroom teachers who are looking for ways to incorporate art into their curriculum. Through thought provoking discussions and hands-on activities participants will discover new ways to encourage the creative expression of each student. Teachers will leave with project ideas and resources applicable for all ages.
Teaching Higher Thinking Skills (Tuesday-Thursday, July 20-22, 9-3:30) will be taught by the museum’s Executive Director of Learning and Interpretation, Nancy Jones.
* Learn an effective model of promoting critical thinking and language skills through looking at art
* Visual Thinking Strategies (VTS) method has been proven to increase test scores and writing skills
* VTS is useful for teachers of all subjects
* Class will cover theoretical background and train you to use this method with students
* Supports English Language Arts and Visual Arts Standards
Visit the DIA’s website for complete information or to register online. You may also register by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone (313) 833-4249.